Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Independence Day


By Carrie Lightfoot, Guest Contributor

As Well Armed Women we enjoy our own personal form of Independence Day each and every day! 

By taking responsibility of our personal self defense, we gain a sense of independence which is both physical as well as emotional. 

Physically, we are equipped and trained to carry and use a firearm to use effectively if heaven forbid our lives are at risk. Emotionally we have a confidence and sense that if we have to, we will know what to do and will have the strength and courage to defend ourselves effectively.

I will never forget the overwhelming sense of personal confidence I felt when I began carrying a firearm. Internally I felt strong and capable. It really changed the way I "moved" through my life. My self confidence rose and for probably the first time in my life, I knew what it was to be truly empowered and independent!

I recently posed the following question to the women on Facebook: As a Well Armed Woman, one word that describes how that makes me feel is ____________. The words the hundreds of women used to describe this feeling was really inspirational. Let me share a few of them with you. 


Secure
Empowered
Safe
Strong
Smart
Normal
Confident
Capable
Self-assured
Peacekeeper
Protected
Self-sufficient
Fabulous 
Independent
Prepared
Ready
Equal
Free
Dressed
Responsible
Beautiful
Covered
Bad A**
Smart
As we all celebrate our nations independence, I want to celebrate YOURS!  
I'm proud to be your Sister In Arms and I salute your commitment to safe and responsible gun ownership. 

Happy Independence Day! 


Carrie Lightfoot is owner of The Well Armed Woman and quest contributor for the Beretta Blog. Join the dynamic group of women shooters on Facebook orTwitter and visit www.thewellarmedwoman.com

Make sure you follow Beretta on FacebookTwitterYouTube.

This post and its contents are the views and opinions of the author only, and do not represent those of Beretta.

No comments:

Post a Comment